Thursday, November 9, 2017

Fieldwork Reflection

I really enjoyed the layout of this fieldwork. I liked teaching one day and the other day getting to watch my colleagues. I feel like it really gave my the opportunity to observe other teachers and their teaching styles. I was able to see what worked for them and how they chose to handle certain situations. Once while I was observing, two boys were distracting a whole table while the teacher was trying to teach. The teacher moved the students away from each other and I like they way they handled the two boys calling out throughout the lesson. One teacher would try to redirect the student, while listening to him and telling him to save his comment for the end. I liked seeing you other teacher taught and structured their lessons. Watching in this way really gave the observing teachers different ideas and we all built off each other's  lessons.
I learned a lot from this class while teaching including working with other teachers, time management skills and how to do an inquiry lesson. This was the first time in my field work teaching an entire class and I really enjoyed it. At first, I had reservations about only teaching one day and having to watch my colleagues for the other 3 lessons but I really enjoyed seeing everyone's take on the concept and material we were assigned to teach. Watching other teachers was very helpful to see how others structure their lessons and how they check for understanding throughout the lesson. Overall, I really liked the format of this class and being able to learn from my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment