Monday, November 13, 2017

Earth Science Explore and Explain

In a group (with a partner):
  1. Consider the area of Earth’s surface, atmosphere, and weather about which you feel most knowledgeable. What ideas do you have regarding what you will do as a teacher to keep your knowledge current?
  2. Consider the area of Earth’s surface, atmosphere, and weather about which you feel least knowledgeable. What ideas do you have regarding what you will do as a teacher to continue to strengthen your knowledge base about this topic?
  3. What resources are you aware of that will help you be an effective teacher of Earth’s surface, atmosphere, and weather?

1. When considering the area of Earth's surface , atmosphere and weather I feel most knowledgeable about extreme weather and the ocean. I feel like extreme weather is commonly seen on the news and has been making the media a lot in the past decade. I am very interested in our oceans and I enjoy watching planet earth which many episodes are around our oceans. I like learning about the unexplored areas of our oceans and the animals that live deep beneath our surface.

2. When considering the area of Earth's surface, atmosphere and weather I feel least knowledgeable is about the Earth's surface and about fossils. These are both areas I would like to learn more about so I will feel comfortable teaching these concepts with my future students.

3. I know there are many resources that effectively help teachers became confident in teaching the Earth's surface, atmosphere and weather. You can watch videos on the topics or you can watch video that show other teachers teaching these concepts. There are science journals and magazines.



Check out my Earth Science Powerpoint!!

No comments:

Post a Comment